Thursday, August 12, 2010

Feeling Overwhelmed and Guilty

E-mails. Why is it overwhelming? Because I currently have 42 of them festering in my inbox. I must respond to them! Why do I feel guilty? Because I just can't seem to do it. I feel too overwhelmed to do anything about it. So they build. And so does the guilt. Vicious cycle eh?

I asked Ben, "I feel so awful and guilty about this. What's holding me back?! Why am I not motivated to actually do it?"

He paused. His response: "I think the guilt being your motivating factor is holding you back."

How wise. So if I found motivation, for instance, in responding to the people I'm sure it'd be a much easier think. I also need to get in a habit of writing back right after I read, and not saving it until "later".

Nice thoughts. For now it's all talk.

So if I owe you an email, just know it's nothing personal and it's on its way. And maybe once the 42 are responded to I can turn a new leaf. But that new leaf will have to wait until I finish all the blog posts I'm behind in. Shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...