Friday, September 26, 2014

My Terrarium(!)

I did it! I made my own little terrarium! It was a pretty brainlessly easy project, and it adds a lot of life and character to our dining room. A win-win.
                    


I only needed:
  - A glass container from thrift store for $3.
  - Sand from sandbox.
  - Rocks from our property.
  - Potting soil. (I had on hand since my other indoor plants promptly died.)
  - 2 little succulents from Home Depot for $2.50 and moss from our property.

I passed up the activated charcoal because I read moss can do some of the same odor and moisture absorbing functions. Also, I followed the "terrariums for amateurs" advice and did no lid. Without the humidity build-up, charcoal isn't a necessity. We'll see if I regret it. If so I'll hightail it over to a pet store and pick some up.

These are supposed to last for years...with my black thumb, we'll see about that. But I'm hopeful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...