Monday, August 4, 2014

My Style Room

Two interior decorator friends, Janelle and Crystal, and my artistic sister-in-law, Anna, have a gift of making beautiful spaces. They've long inspired me to find my own style. 


After some perusings through style books, many trips to local thrift stores, and a few lucky yard sale/Craigslist finds our living room is starting to come together. It feels good to have a nice space! 
[Photo of Ben and I discussing/envisioning what else the room needs.]

White chair: IKEA, from fav consignment store Pennies for Change
Tree stump end table: Pennies for Change
Pillow: Target
Curtains: Target
Vintage looking birds print: Christmas Tree Shoppe

 Basket, Oval mirror, Japanesey yellow vase, ceramic dove: fav thrift store, Durham Rescue Mission
Tree branch: outside my house
Stacking stones: from beach just north of Ecola Point, Oregon
Grove photo: printed with permission from online
New Yorker print: street corner in New York

Two white vases: thrift stores
Little stone owl: from grandma
Ceramic bowl: wedding gift from artist
Leaves: outside house in NY, outside house in NC
Lamp: yard sale

 Tree ring rug: IKEA, from Craigslist

 Painting and gaudy gold frame: fav thrift store
Sofa: Crate and Barrel, from friend's yard sale
Pillows: long ago

Probably my favorite piece: the white glass dove
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...