Friday, May 18, 2012

Money, Power and Wall Street





This documentary is an extensive background on why and how the stock market crashed in 2008 and what was and is being done about it. Ben and I have watched 2 of the 4 hour-long episodes of this PBS series with jaws dropped to the floor with shock and amazement.

Honestly, you must, MUST watch this. Don't worry, I'm about the farthest thing away from an economist there is, and it's keeping my attention. And this is me watching it after 10pm at 38 weeks pregnant, mind you, so that's a significant statement. Besides that, it is truly brilliantly pieced together. And the two dozen or more interviewees are top-notch.

I'm chomping at the bit to watch the other two episodes. But I'm waiting until Ben gets back from his night rotation on the psych unit. Last time, a patient made a death threat on him. We'll see if that kind of atmosphere puts him in the mood to watch a documentary about the economic crash.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...