Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Losing my grocery list

I don't know how I do it, but I'm in the store crossing off items, grabbing the bananas, finding the soy sauce and somehow my grocery list disappears. I look on the ground, in my purse, on the shelf, in the cart, in Seth's mouth, my pockets, and I look all those places again. No where, it's gone. This has happened several times and I never find the list. Weird? Yes, weird.

It reminds me of something my dad wrote once:

"I am now taking these keys over to the built-in desk."
"I will feel so proud of myself once I have successfully sequestered them there."
"These keys take precedence above all else until they actually make it to the desk."
"Nothing exists in my universe right now, except for these very keys, and that desk towards which I am walking."
"Neither sleet nor snow nor driving rain will keep these keys from making it to the desk."
"Whew! Now, that I am at the desk I am taking my... hey, where are my keys?"

Must be a Mower thing.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you today....while I was grocery shopping, and frantically searching my cart/pockets/children/aisles for the shopping list that I JUST had in my hand!! Oh, the frustration. It's funny how even though I wrote the list and triple-checked it for accuracy I can't remember what's on it when I'm at the store.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...